Table of Contents
Methodology / Accuracy
How accurate are Survata’s results?
Survata delivers highly accurate survey results — doing so is our primary focus! We employ a robust, multi-step approach to controlling response quality:
- We partner with high quality publishers, like Doodle, and HyperInk, to locate engaged survey respondents.
- We evaluate every new publisher during an initial “test period” to ensure the publisher’s audience provides valid responses.
- We regularly evaluate every publisher in our network using baseline questions with known prevalence in the population (e.g. “Do you own a dog?”).
- We do not recruit respondents to the publisher websites. Instead, we engage the respondents during natural interaction with the publisher content.
- We do not offer cash or collectible incentives (points, airline miles, etc.) to avoid “survey addicts.”
- We cap how often a respondent can answer a survey across our network.
- We run “trap questions” with known answers (e.g. “In which time zone do you live?”) to identify respondents who are not engaged or answering honestly.
- We use advanced analytics to filter out low quality responses by integrating signals such as response speed and response pattern.
In addition to response quality, a second factor in survey accuracy is sample size. Depending on the purpose of your study, different sample sizes are needed to reach statistical significance and a small margin of error. You can use a 3rd party margin of error calculator (like this one) to see how many respondents are appropriate for your Survata survey.
Where does Survata finds respondents for my survey?
Survata powers a network of online publishers, where consumers take short surveys in exchange for access to premium content (e.g., ebooks, videos, downloads, etc.). So, your survey’s respondents are sourced from various sites around the web. We work with high quality publishers like Doodle and Hyperink.
To avoid “response fatigue,” no respondents are sourced from research panels. To avoid reaching “survey addicts,” no cash or collectible incentives (points, airlines miles, etc.) are used.
Are the respondents paid to complete the surveys?
No. Respondents only receive the premium content offered by the publisher in exchange for completing the survey — such as articles, movies, videos, and downloads. This approach allows us to reach a broader range of respondents who would never join a research panel to get paid to complete surveys.
How long can my survey be?
Our Basic Surveys have a question limit of 6 questions, but we offer extended survey packages for further insights. For more information, please consult our Survey Packages page. For assistance segmenting your questions, contact us and one of our research analysts will happily advise you.
How much does a Survata survey cost?
Pricing for a Survata survey is simple - you only pay per respondent. We offer different survey packages with our basic option starting at $1 per respondent. For more information, visit our Survey Pricing page.
What data do I receive in my survey results?
The results include, for each respondent:
- Answer to each question
- Time at which s/he took the survey
- age range
- state within the United States
- operating system
- device type
- web browser